A gift of a first library






Image



I’ve gifted to my son, Levi, his first library and over a period maintained and built upon it.  The world of children’s books is so very exciting, sometime the characters in the pictures seem real enough to jump out at you.   I’m always reading to my son, even while he was tucked away and resting safely in my womb.  Memory takes me to a place and time when he was much younger, how he would scan the colourful pages of his books and be so amazed at its pictures.  I believe books have an amazing power to lend support by creating beautiful imaginations in a child’s mind from a very tender age, as it entices them to want to be creative, to explore.  
Levi shows his love for art through some exciting and interesting pieces of arts and crafts, he also likes to make them seem more real by putting eyes on the characters.  He likes to finger paint and add brush strokes, not forgetting the making of a merry mess everywhere, including on him, with paint and water and pieces of arts and craft items littered about, but that’s art… as he understands it to be. In a true sense, I believe that shifting through the pages of his books has helped him to connect to learning beautiful things.  Seeing him express himself through learning is an inspiration to both his dad and I in this journey called “parenting”.
 
















































Comments

  1. Wonderful! I do believe in the power of books! Knowledge is power. My love for the written word stemmed from a Christmas gift of "The Swiss Family Robinson"

    ReplyDelete
  2. An so the qoute" The more you read, the more things you will know, the more that you learn, the more places you would go." Reading is the key to success. Every aspect of education requires reading. Great first gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to give him a better journey that I was exposed to.

      Delete
  3. Aww my sweet artist baby Levi! Well written, perfectly described him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much. Spending time with him is a true treasure, he is so delightful... never thought I would be so amazed by him and what he knows.

      Delete
  4. He has the power in his hands

    ReplyDelete
  5. Real Living is Living For Others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts